The approved energy adviser is responsible for:
- carrying out on-site energy consulting;
- drafting the "conclusive report" (a comprehensive inventory of the property in question, the content of which must include a description of the property, the date of the site visit, the energy performance certificate prior to the retrofit and an integral energy renovation concept);
- checking the conformity of the offers to the measures proposed in the above-mentioned energy retrofitting concept;
- checking the conformity of the implementation on site with the measures proposed in the energy retrofitting concept;
- drafting a final report that must be attached to the request for payment of financial aid;
- completing the forms for the request for an agreement in principle and for the payment of financial aid.
The quality assurance system for approved energy advisers within the meaning of the Klimabonus subsidy scheme includes the following:
- verification of the basic qualifications of the energy adviser;
- verification of any additional qualifications of the energy adviser;
- checking and approval, prior to certification, of an energy consultation report for a retrofitting project;
- a timely and regular quality control system, including:
- quality control of the services provided by energy advisers;
- checking compliance with the conditions associated with the ongoing training of energy advisers, and
- implementation of a customer evaluation system.
Since January 2017, energy advisers have been able to obtain certification by submitting an approval application to the Environmental Administration. Approval is conditional on membership of the OAI (architect or engineer in accordance with the Law of 13 December 1989) or an authorisation in accordance with the Grand Ducal Regulation of 10 February 1999 on the approval of natural or legal persons, private or public, other than the State, for the performance of technical study and control tasks in the field of energy, as amended.
From 15 December 2018, approved energy advisers will have to join a quality assurance system in the field of energy and sustainability consultancy for residential buildings with a body contracted for this purpose by the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure.
Under the Klimabonus subsidy scheme, only energy advisers approved by the Minister for the Environment are able to draft reports relating to energy advice. An energy adviser must be approved by the Minister for the Environment in accordance with the Law of 21 April 1993.
(Law of 21 April 1993 on the approval of natural persons or legal entities, private or public, other than the State, for the performance of technical study and verification tasks in the environmental field).
The Ministry of the Economy regularly publishes a list of approved experts who have undergone specific training: www.guichet.lu/experts-energie.
In addition, it is also possible to obtain a list of approved experts from the OAI. If in doubt about an expert's accreditation, you can ask for their accreditation documents or contact the Ministry of the Economy.