Become an ambassador for energy transition in your municipality and help to provide citizens with effective and targeted information on issues relating to the energy transition
Provide information on the energy transition
The municipalities are privileged partners of Klima-Agence in the context of raising awareness among Luxembourg residents and providing them with information on energy transition issues. We can work together to better explain these issues and involve citizens in the energy transition.
The ambassadors project strengthens our cooperation, helps to improve coordination between the various internal and external stakeholders in your municipality and seeks to enhance levels of awareness among citizens. In this context, we will help you to provide your citizens with effective and targeted information on issues relating to the energy transition, the climate crisis and the Climate Pact.
Profile of an ambassador
- Good communicator
- Sound knowledge of Klima-Agence services and the Climate Pact
- Maintains regular contact with staff in other departments and communicates with the council of aldermen/Klimaschäffen
- A human, not a digital solution
- Takes a particular interest in issues relating to the environment and renewable energies
- Offers long-term cooperation
- The ambassador provides your various municipal services (communication, technical, environment, municipal secretariat, etc.) with a global vision of the issues relating to the energy transition, the climate crisis and the Climate Pact.
- The ambassador coordinates these themes with the stakeholders outside your municipality in order to strengthen your efforts (Klima-Agence/Climate Pact and Klimateam).
- The ambassador supports your municipal services in implementing the various tools developed and updated by Klima-Agence and the Climate Pact; the ambassador also explains how these tools can be useful to your citizens and municipal staff.
- Through these exchanges, you will be able to optimise the flow of information to your citizens on energy transition issues.
- The ambassador will take part in an annual meeting of all municipal ambassadors, aimed at improving their role, creating a sense of belonging within the ambassador group and increasing the exchange of best practices between municipalities.
The ambassador’s relations with the energy transition stakeholders at Klima-Agence and under the Climate Pact
The benefits of the ambassador project for your municipality
As a result of your involvement, your fellow citizens will regard you as a municipality committed to the sustainable energy transition.
Your ambassador will enable you to improve the general profile of your actions and efforts in connection with the energy transition, the climate crisis and the Climate Pact. You will thus further enhance your citizens’ understanding of these issues.
You benefit from the expertise of the Klima-Agence/Climate Pact teams regarding the themes identified. This covers the tools developed and updated by Klima-Agence, as well as more structured communication to provide your residents with a clearer understanding of the issues at stake.
The ambassador benefits from the support of the Klima-Agence team. The relationship between your municipality and Klima-Agence is strengthened.
Your municipality may be rewarded with extra points as part of the catalogue of Climate Pact measures.