From 15 December 2018, energy advisors, whose clients wish to benefit from financial aid for an energy renovation project, must be approved by the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development, and participate in a quality assurance system. With its "Klima-Agence certified" label, Klima-Agence offers consistent quality assurance in the field of energy and sustainability consulting for residential buildings. To this effect, Klima-Agence has signed a corresponding agreement with the Ministry of the Environment.
This agreement is underpinned by the Law of 23 December 2016, which came into force on 1 January 2017 and establishes a financial aid scheme to promote sustainability, the rational use of energy and of renewable energies in housing.
When providing energy advice and ad hoc support in the implementation of energy efficiency measures in the context of an energy renovation, energy advisors must have a licence in accordance with the provisions of the Law of 21 April 1993.
Klima-Agence has been developing the "Klima-Agence certified" certification system since 2013, with the aim of taking into account legislative and regulatory changes and to ensure that the label complies with the conditions and obligations of a quality assurance system. Participation in “Klima-Agence certified” therefore fulfils the condition of membership of a quality assurance system mentioned in the agreement issued by the Environment Agency.
In addition, Klima-Agence organises exchange meetings for energy advisors who are part of the "Klima-Agence certified" label. This allows for exchanges between professionals in a working environment facilitated by Klima-Agence.
Each "Klima-Agence certified" advisor must demonstrate the following qualifications:
For the basic qualification, advisors must meet the legal requirements for service providers in the field of energy performance of residential buildings, in accordance with the amended Grand Ducal Regulation of 30 November 2007 on the energy performance of residential buildings.
Specifically, advisors must meet one of the following requirements:
- an architect or consulting engineer whose profession is defined by the Law of 13 December 1989 on the organisation of the professions of architect and consulting engineer;
- a person approved by virtue of the amended Grand-Ducal regulation of 10 February 1999 on the approval of natural or legal persons, private or public, other than the State, for the performance of technical study and control tasks in the field of energy.
In the second case, candidates recognised as "other approved experts" under the terms of the Grand Ducal Regulation of 10 February 1999 must also be able to prove that they have at least three years' professional experience in the construction sector.
The required additional qualifications, which primarily concern specific knowledge in the fields of energy sector and sustainable construction, are divided into five modules:
- module 1: building physics;
- module 2: building envelope
- module 3: technical installations;
- module 4: legislation on energy efficiency in residential buildings, financial support programmes, energy advice and behavioural aspects;
- module 5: sustainable housing and LENOZ.
Advisors can prove that they have the necessary specialist knowledge either by passing the Klima-Agence certified exam, or by having training courses obtained in Luxembourg or abroad recognised by Klima-Agence. Depending on the modules, advisors can choose between a Klima-Agence certified examination and the recognition of training courses.
Klima-Agence organises a Klima-Agence certified examination several times per year.
Each energy advisor participating in the Klima-Agence certified quality assurance system must:
- draw up an initial energy consulting report (with approval) before signing the contract;
- participate in a regular quality control of their services;
- participate in a customer evaluation system.
In addition, the Klima-Agence certified label requires mandatory participation in exchange meetings organised by Klima-Agence, as well as in specific further training courses, including in the context of regulatory changes.
1. Register for the Klima-Agence certified label (via the application form)
2. Have my basic and additional qualifications validated by Klima-Agence
3. Have the energy consulting report reviewed and validated by Klima-Agence
4. Sign the Klima-Agence certified contract
For more information, please contact us by e-mail.