- Despite the choice of using an architect to plan the renovation works, state financial subsidies are only eligible if an energy concept is drawn up by a certified energy advisor, or if the works are carried out by a certified tradesman in the case of a single insulation measure. Some architects are certified to do this.
- Since 2018, only the energy advice reports of certified advisors (Klima-Agence certified) are eligible for state subsidies!
- I enquire which energy classes (A, B or C) can be achieved with the renovation concept.
- If I achieve an energy class A, B or C, I receive an additional bonus under the state subsidy scheme!
Individual insulation measure:
- In the case of an individual measure, eligibility for state subsidies must be certified by a certified energy advisor or a certified tradesman.
Renovation concept with several measures:
1. Applicant commissions an approved energy consultant to provide energy advice including a report.
2. Approved consultant prepares the renovation concept:
- Site visit
- Concept for integral energy renovation
- List of measures selected for implementation.
3. Applicant obtains offers from companies (not obligatory).
4. Company prepares the offer for the selected measures that comply with the funding programme. Approved consultant verifies the conformity of the offers.
- Recommended before applying for the agreement in principle.
5. Applicant applies for the agreement in principle at the Single point of contact for housing assistance:
- Recommended to include offers verified by approved adviser.
6. Single point of contact for housing assistance. Issue of the agreement in principle ("Accord de principe").
7. Applicant commissions the company to carry out the work and informs the approved adviser that the insulation will be carried out.
8. Company carries out the work. Approved consultant checks the implementation of the construction site.
9. Company invoices according to the measures carried out. Approved consultant writes final report.
10. Applicant applies for payment of state aid.
11. Central housing aid office disburses the state aid.